Saturday, August 22, 2015

Vacanze!

Well, I'd go now…

It's been a coupe of hectic weeks, nothing out of the ordinary since I am going to be on an airplane soon. Eventually, time for vacation has come for me too, or, rather, it had to be either this way or the highway. For two years I haven't taken a proper break, one of those made of time off work and time on life, so I guess now it is a good time.

This time, too, my trip involves a lot, but a lot of travel, and the more steps are there that make up the final product, the more things can go wrong. I can plan as much and as detailed I can, but I can't account for any hitch, and this finds me uncomfortable. I will touch several intermediate destinations, and if everything goes according to plan ( cross fingers for me, please) I will report about them too.

In any case, not everything is hectic in a negative sense: it's summer, and no matter how unpleasant Japanese summer can be, it is still summer, which imposes a more active social life. Be it a good bye dinner for a friend, or a welcome party for a colleague, be it a fireworks display or a quiet get-together at home with close friends, be it a need to simply sit outside on a hot evening or a good excuse to catch up with the salsa folks, any way I look at it, I haven't been home one single night. 

I don't only feel the tiredness at the mental level, but also at the physical level, I haven't been able to exercise properly because it is too hot for running, working out, or even standing still, really…but the many hours spent at the office without moving much, and the evenings spent with bad influence at the pub don't do any good to my weakened body.

To be honest, I still don't believe last Friday was my last day of work before the break. I think I haven't registered the fact that I am not going to be in the office for a while, and I guess the realization will be quite liberating. My break, this time, is one month long, and I already know it is not going to be enough, although my plan is very simple: get picked up upon arrival, get dropped at the beach, get collected three weeks after, and then move on for the last leg of the trip.

It's all(most) ready, I found a carer for my plants while I'm away, a good samaritan for my excursions, a host for my beach getaway. Now I only have to make sure I have my passport and boarding pass with me. 

***************

Dunque, io adesso andrei…

Queste ultime settimane sono state pesanti, ma per nulla fuori dall'ordinario visto che presto saro' su un aereo. Finalmente anche per me e' arrivato il momento delle vacanze, o dovrei precisare che questo momento doveva arrivare, o così o nulla, perché non prendo ferie vere e proprie da due anni. Di conseguenza, mi pare sia ora di stare lontano dal lavoro e dedicarsi a vivere un pochino.

Anche questa volta il mio viaggio include molte ma molte ore, e si sa che più elementi si vanno aggiungendo al prodotto finale, più si rischiano intoppi. Uno può anche pianificare quanto più dettagliatamente e' possibile, ma ci sono sempre gli imprevisti, e questa e' la cosa che mi mette a disagio. Mi soffermerò ad alcune destinazioni intermedie, e se tutto va bene (incrociate le dita), poi avrò modo di raccontare qualcosa anche su di esse.

Comunque, non e' che la pesantezza delle ultime settimane e' solo intesa come negativa…..dico, e' estate, e a prescindere da quanto brutta possa essere l'estate giapponese, e' pur sempre estate e quindi ci si ritrova volenti o nolenti a uscire di più. Che sia una festa per l'amico che va via, o la festa di benvenuto per una collega, sia fuochi d'artificio alla baia o cena tranquilla con gli amici cari, sia solo voglia di passare del tempo fuori alla sera o fare una capatina al locale di salsa, insomma se ci rifletto adesso, non sono stata a casa una sola sera.

Non mi sento pero' stanca solo mentalmente, anche fisicamente, visto che non ho neanche avuto modo di fare esercizio come prima visto che fa troppo caldo per qualsiasi cosa, ma tra lo stare tante ore in ufficio e l'uscire in cattiva compagnia di certo non aiutano il mio corpo a riprendersi.

Che poi, ancora non ci credo che non andrò al lavoro per un bel po'. Penso che quando me ne renderò conto faro' salti di gioia. Stavolta prendo un mese intero di ferie, e so già che non sarà abbastanza nonostante il mio programma non conta molto: prelievo in aeroporto, abbandono in spiaggia, recupero tre settimane dopo, e poi si va per la fase successiva del viaggio.


E' tutto (quasi) pronto, ho chi si occupa delle mie piante in mia assenza, chi da buon samaritano mi aiuta con le mie escursioni, chi mi ospita per la fuga in spiaggia. Ora, basta che mi rassicuri di avere passaporto e carta di imbarco con me.


No comments:

Post a Comment