Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Dog-sitting. Again. Day One.

Too much love just the first day!

I am talking about the welcome-back-home treatment that my favorite human gave me. It is now the end of the day, I am typing sitting on the sofa and he's sitting near my feet (not to say ON my feet), falling asleep with the sound of the rain. I mean this is just how the day ended!

When I arrived I was welcomed by a long stream of "where-you-been" whining, face licking, tail wagging, and jumping. After, I had like a second shadow beside me all the time. So far nothing out of the ordinary, I am news and all attentions are on me. Because by now I am well known, though, sort of family member if I may say so, the excitement over my visits is usually gone after the welcome treat. Sigh.

And again because I am well known as being the best at back rubbing, the very second thing he does is sit by me, back side, and wait for the massage. Which, mind you, is over only when he decides he's had enough and walks away selfishly...

Today my step hound must have been in a good mood (or, alternatively, in a very sad mood), so he gave me (read: he wanted) more attentions than usual: would not leave my side, played rough with me immediately after I arrived, leaving bite marks that will last for a while, came to me with his toy and demanded playtime, wasn't snubbing me whenever I asked for some cuddles or wanted to just stroke his fur, sat patiently next to my chair when I was eating dinner WITHOUT bugging me(but just watching intently), ate all his food at once.

In a word, he was happy.

I know that probably from tomorrow I am not going to be news anymore, so I will have to earn his each and every manifestations of affection. It's going to be two long weeks, in this respect, but my chances are good.

For today I am more than satisfied with all his repeated attempts to snuggle next to me, although we'll know at bedtime whether I made his day. If he spoons me, I won.

****************

Troppo affetto gia' il primo giorno!

Sto parlando del trattamento di bentornata-a-casa da perte del mio essere umano preferito. Siamo a fine giornata adesso, io scrivo seduta sul divano e lui sta seduto accanto ai miei piedi (per non dire SUI miei piedi), che si addormenta al suono della pioggia. E dico, questo e' solo come la giornata e' finita!

Quando sono arrivata sono stata salutata da una lunga scia di lamenti della serie "dove sei stata finora", salti, scodinzolii e leccate di faccia. Da li in poi era come avere una seconda ombra tutto il tempo. Ora fino a qui niente di anomalo, visto che rappresento una novita e quindi mi fa le feste. Pero', siccome ormai sa che sono praticamente parte della famiglia, di solito tutta l'euforia svanisce dopo il primo incontro.

E siccome sono per lui quella che fa i massaggi meglio di tutti, la seconda cosa che fa e' sedersi accanto a me e pretendere il suo massaggio. Che poi e' finito quando dice lui, quando si allontana con superiorita'...

Oggi pero' il mio cane adottivo deve essere stato di buon umore (o, se vogliamo, triste), perche' mi ha dedicato (leggi: ha preteso) piu' attenzioni del normale: non si allontanava da me, ha giocato a morsi e graffi non appena sono arrivata, mi ha fatto segno di voler giocare con il suo pupazzo, mi lasciava fare quando mi avvicinavo per una carezza, si e' seduto pazientemente accanto alla mia sedia mentre cenavo e NON mi ha disturbato (mi fissava e basta), e ha mangiato le sue crocchette con appetito.
Insomma, era contento.

Ora so che gia' domani non saro' piu' la novita', quindi dovro' guadagnarmi ogni singola manifestazione d'affetto. Saranno due settimane dure, per questo. Ma ho buone possibilita' di successo.

Per oggi sono gia' piu' che soddisfatta con tutti i suoi vari tentativi di accoccolarsi, anche se sappiamo bene che l'ora della nanna determinera' le sorti: se mi dorme sopra, allora ho vinto.


No comments:

Post a Comment